Website Overhaul: Phase One Complete
At the annual meeting last month, we promised an updated website with new capabilities. Well, it is now up and running. While "NEW"often comes with a bit of a learning curve, we have done our best to make the site easy to use, and hopefully, useful!
What follows is an overview of the site and its features. The big changes are that we have added online payments for memberships and events and we have added online forms for event signups and memberships. Further, we hope that you will find the layout and organization easy to use.
We will review the menu and its options/features (the words in white in the green header field).
Welcome. Also known as the landing page. This is where you land if you type in the URL https://flawhips.org. This is a marketing page that is intended to capture a visitor's attention and cause her/him to explore the site further and become a member.
It is also the jumping off place to all other pages. If jumping off, is what you want to do, then, again, select a page or topic from the menu above.
Advertising. We welcome businesses and individuals who wish to support the club's mission. We will list all advertisers on this page.
Calendar. Pretty much as the name implies... Click here and in a month-by-month view you can see events that are coming up, Click on an event and you will see an expanded view of the event that will include
- Date and time of event
- Event specifics
- Link to online sign up form
- Event location
- Event organizer name and contact info
Events. Here you have two choices:
- Select "Participate" if you are intent on signing up for an event online. Simply select the event, go to the form, fill it out, submit it, and pay for the event.
- Select : "Events Listing" if you want to see the season's events in list form, rather than by month.
- I know, we said you have two choices, and that is true, unless you're an event organizer, in which case you have the option of submitting all your event information to us by way of an online form.
Resources. Up to this point, all pages that we have described--except for "Submit an Event"--are accessible by anyone with a browser who happens upon this site. Under "Resources," you will also find some pages that are only available to Florida Whips members.
- Contact Us. This is a simple e-mail directory . Need to send an e-mail the newsletter editor? You will find her e-mail address on this page. Available to all.
Share Pics. Here members can share their driving pictures by uploading them to the website. The pictures will then be posted to our gallery page by our picture editor.
What's New? This link branches to two destinations:
- Newsletter. The monthly newsletter will be posted on this page, including a link to download it. There will also be a newsletter archive for those who wish to look at past issues.
- News and Notes. This is where you are now. Also known as a blog, here you will find updates and news that can't wait for the newsletter cycle, such as this announcement.
Members. Membership has its privileges. Become a member to have access to these pages.
Join. This link takes the user to a page where he/she can join to become a member of the Florida Whips. The page has the three membership types: Individual, Family, and Business. By filling out the online form and paying through PayPal, a user can join. Upon successful completion of the transaction, the user will be taken to a website registration page where, she/he can create a login for website. By creating this login, the user will be able to access pages and features available only to members.